To create a happy, welcoming and secure environment where everyone is encouraged to become confident individuals and can grow personally, socially and academically.
We believe our children learn best when:
They are happy
They are safe
Teaching and teachers are dedicated to children fulfilling their true potential
They can develop their confidence and think for themselves
Parents, carers, teachers and the school work together
The school environment is welcoming and inspiring
Our aim is to provide our children with an engaging, exciting and enabling curriculum that equips children with the skills and knowledge they need for life.
At Bird’s Bush Primary School our curriculum is designed to:
- recognise children’s prior learning,
- provide quality learning experiences,
- allow the children to develop interpersonal skills,
- build resilience,
- be creative, critical thinkers.
Every child is recognised as a unique individual. We celebrate and welcome differences within and beyond our school community. The ability to learn is underpinned by the teaching of basic skills, knowledge, concepts and values with a vision to prepare them for life beyond primary school. We constantly provide enrichment opportunities to engage learning. We believe that childhood should be a happy, investigative and enquiring time in our lives, where there are no limits to curiosity and there is a thirst for new experiences and knowledge.
We use our Champions values to promote positive attitudes to learning which reflect the values and skills needed to promote responsibility for learning and future success, these are:
- Confidence – We believe we can do it!
- Honesty – We tell the truth
- Ambition – We can be successful
- Motivation – We get on with it and try our best
- Pride – We celebrate doing well
- Independence – We know how to help ourselves and each other
- Organisation – We have what we need to get on
- Never Give Up (Resilience) – We are resilient and keep trying
- Safe – We feel safe to try new things and know how to keep ourselves safe
We want our children to leave Bird’s Bush with the confidence and skills to make informed decisions, self-evaluate, make connections and become lifelong Champions.