Free School Meals
If, at some point, your family was in receipt of any of the following benefits, your child is entititled to a free school meal and the school will receive additional funding to support their learning and development.
- Income support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are NOT also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on-paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
In addition, some children are also eligible if they:
- Have been looked after by the local authority for at least one day
- Have been adopted from care
- Have left care through guardianship: and
- Are subject to a child arrangement order.
The funding continues even if the circumstances have changed and you are no longer receiving this support.
Please feel free to contact the office if you have any enquiries or would like further information.