Emergency School Closure Procedure
A decision to close school is only taken as a last resort and after conversations between the Headteacher, the Chair of Governors and the Caretaker. In reaching a decision many factors are considered, such as;
- Heating availability and temperature inside school
- Condition of water pipes in school and availability of running water
- Condition of the immediate local roads
- Ensuring the playground and paving around school can have secure, clear pathways to allow safe movement
- Ability of adequate staff numbers to reach school
Closing school is only a last resort!
If school is closed you will receive an emergency text message. (PLEASE ENSURE YOUR UP TO DATE NUMBERS ARE HELD BY THE SCHOOL OFFICE TO RECEIVE SUCH A MESSAGE).
The school website will be updated on the homepage.
Staffordshire County Councils website will be updated. You can view this at